[pmwiki-announce] pmwiki-0.6.beta5 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Feb 8 20:27:48 EST 2004

PmWiki version 0.6.beta5 has just been released and is available
from http://www.pmichaud.com/pub/pmwiki.  As with other beta releases,
this release is a "development" release that may undergo substantial
changes in the near future, and is not recommended as an upgrade for
production systems yet.

This release has some major changes from previous releases.  In particular,
0.6.beta5 has redesigned the layout scheme towards a more functional
and less table-oriented layout.  I'm once again (and hopefully for
the last time) looking for people with different browsers to check if
the pages at http://www.pmichaud.com/work/beta/pmwiki.php display correctly
and record their results.  In particular, note that the beta site allows
you to select from a set of different skins and we need to know which
browsers (if any) cannot display the skins correctly.

Other features of the 0.6.beta5 release:
  * uploads should be functioning again (and are enabled on the beta site)
  * added --> markup for indented text
  * added --signature markup for signing contributions
  * established a "Profiles" group to hold user profiles and information
  * greatly improved the handling of blank lines for paragraphs and
    in <pre>-formatted text
  * added a $SearchExcludePatterns to cause pages to be excluded from
    search outputs

People who wish to experiment with some of the new features of 0.6 may
do so at http://www.pmichaud.com/work/beta/pmwiki.php .  Keep in mind
that this is the active development version which may be undergoing
changes as you are accessing it.

Pm