[pmwiki-devel] ZAP anti-spammer suggestion & prettifying forms

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Dec 6 11:55:46 CST 2006

On 12/6/06, Crisses <crisses at kinhost.org> wrote:
> I have about 10 other reasons to give ZAP a good hard look.  If I can't
> customize the forms, as far as CSS goes, then it's not going to work for me.
>  The email form is one good reason to have css allowed for ZAP/PmWiki forms,
> but the other is that I'm trying to create sites as a profession :)  And if
> I can't customize how they look, that's not going to work for me.
>
> If I have to hand-write the css-add-in for email forms, I'll just try to add
> the feature to the current mailform recipe.  That's a good idea.
>
> Crisses

Hi Crisses,

ZAP uses PmWiki standard PmWiki input form elements, (actually any
forms input types/markups you want).  It does not supply any CANNED
forms so it's all about flexibility (exception ZAPcart).  ZAP simply
process the $_POST var on submit.  So yes, you can certainly customize
zap input fields.

Also, ZAP has a built in conditional that allows in essense you to say
if field subject != "", do not submit the form, or send to a different
email account, or even (perhaps) add to blocklist, delete user
account, whatever.  No extra coding required, unless you do something
really fancy for this.

Cheers,
Caveman

PS.  No offence to mailform, but if you want to do anything more
creative than a simple email forms, ZAP is the way to go.