[pmwiki-devel] ZAP cookbook, www.zapsite.org

Jiri Hladůvka / OBUTEX admin at obutex.com
Thu Dec 7 05:02:40 CST 2006

Hello all,
I am the fan of the ZAP features from the very beginning - and still I
have to spend an inadequate lot of time
to use some features because there is no syntax description in the doc.
The example snippets show only the most simple fractions of the usage
and I have always
to thoroughly inspect what is a keyword/reserved word and what is an
user's variable or literal.

Some snippets  say me nothing and I cannot get the essence and usage of
the FixPage for example.
What is it good for? What does it do? The doc says "Use this page to
practice with ZAPfixpage, to see how it works"
but I cannot see any difference in the output. Which is the essential
code/command among the 20 lines snippet?

Another example: in FileMgmt I cannot understand what makes the page to
be destroyed. I can only gues
that the word destroy is a keyword in

(:input text destroy:)

Does it mean I *must not* to use a "destroy" variable in the form for
any other purpose unless I wish
to destroy  a page  which  name  occasionally  matches the variable's
content ?

Time, time, time - I understand Caveman  is  very  busy  and keen on
using ZAP for his own projects after ZAP
development is completed.
But a lack of time made me to stop temporarily from using many ZAP
features until the documentation is
more transparent and programmers-friendly.

Best regards,
Jiri

--
OBUTEX s.r.o