[pmwiki-devel] iCalendar standards implementation

The Editor editor at fast.st
Fri Dec 8 11:56:50 CST 2006

On 12/8/06, Crisses <crisses at kinhost.org> wrote:
> I highly recommend that there be a PmWiki plug-in visually similar to
> the current calendar plug-ins but using the iCalendar standard -- to
> the point that I'm currently researching the ability to do so.  The
> file format dumped straight into PmWiki is compatible with the PmWiki
> page variable ($:var) markup in that all iCalendar textual data is in
> a colon-delimited format.  iCalendar files allow a portable and
> extensible means by which groups can share scheduling data across
> applications and should be easy for PmWiki to include iCalendar data
> as a download, and for plug-ins such as ZAP to create iCalendar
> markup wikipages to store event data from webforms. [Note to Caveman:
> for this standard, ZAP would have to remove the space after the
> colon, and encapsulate the entire block as shown below, and the event
> itself would be nested inside BEGIN: and END: statements.]

That could be done easily enough.  Let me know when you are ready to
start hacking away at this and I'll do what I can to help.  It will
probably take a custom module to get that output--though I might be
able to get it to work with logging...  At most, it's probably just
adding one calendar form feature.  ZAP is pretty much setup for
extensible modules, though I do need help with one part to make it
fully automatic.

Cheers,
Caveman