[pmwiki-devel] Question about Forms & Actions

Ben Stallings Ben at InterdependentWeb.com
Mon Dec 11 17:10:34 CST 2006

Pm wrote,
> I'm coming in late to this thread, but does the ZAP have to
> be in the edit form itself?  Or could it be on the edit page
> but outside of the actual form -- i.e., part of Site.EditForm
> but outside of the (:input e_form:)...(:input end:) tags?

I originally wrote DataQuery (0.1) without using ZAP at all; I used a
standard e_form, and it worked very well... but I faced the prospect of
adding server-side validation and other bells & whistles -- checking for
required fields, calculating fields, etc.  A big part of why I'm now
using ZAP is so that I can use its extra features and won't have to
reinvent them from scratch.  Unless I'm mistaken, those features are
only available within a ZAP form.

And just for clarification, I don't advocate replacing Site.EditForm,
which is still necessary for editing regular wiki pages.  What I'm doing
is adding a $Group.EditForm which is used only when editing data pages.
  --Ben