[pmwiki-devel] "Download wiki"?

Neil Herber (nospam) nospam at eton.ca
Tue Dec 19 06:27:10 CST 2006

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> I was just in another wiki [1], and they had a function called "download
> wiki". The result was a gzipped tar with the entire wiki database as an
> archive. I guess that this is primarily used to backup the wiki, but I
> wonder if the idea of "downloading the wiki" could be interesting?
>
> Thoughts?

Instiki has a similar feature that they call "Export".
> http://www.instiki.org/show/HomePage

If I remember correctly, it exports a static HTML snapshot of the wiki
as a zipped file which can be used for "offline browsing". It is a
feature that sounds useful - but I am not sure if it really is, since
the zipped file(s) are no longer a wiki.

--
Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/