[pmwiki-devel] Register shutdown...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Nov 2 15:56:39 CST 2006

Ok, I've been really working hard at this, but can't seem to get past
what is probably a simple little problem.

* EZ Mailing list management via zap and pmwiki.  Done.
* Saves outgoing newsletters as pages in a pmwiki temp queue:  Done.
* Markup that can be used to trigger sending of newsletter:  Done.
* Code to Send Email:  Close to done--needs testing.
* Way to do Sending Email in background?  HELP! HELP! HELP!

Here is part of the code I have right now in the ZAPnews recipe.
Basically the markup works, BUT I get a blank page for 20 seconds and
then the page reloads. I want the page to reload first, and then
ZAPsendnews to operate quietly in the background. Again, I have Apache
on XP if that makes a difference.

Can someone help me figure out what is wrong:

Markup('zapnews', '<{$var}', '/\(:zapnews:\\)/', ZAPnews());

function ZAPnews() {
	register_shutdown_function('ZAPsendnews');
	return "Newsletter being processed";
	}

function ZAPsendnews() {
	ignore_user_abort();
	sleep(20);
	ZAPsavepage("Test.Sleep1", "Hello World", "");
	die();
	}

This last function of course will be rewritten to do the actual
sending once I get the processing to work right.  Thanks so much in
advance.

Cheers,
Caveman