[pmwiki-devel] page text variables in edit form?

Ben Stallings Ben at InterdependentWeb.com
Sat Nov 4 08:42:03 CST 2006

Crisses wrote:
> I think that you want Group/PageName{$var}.  If you're getting Group/
> PageName from a variable (which is what I'm doing a lot on Site/
> LocalTemplates noted above) then the syntax is {{{$Group}/{$PageName}}
> {$var}} I think.  I haven't tried that one.
> {*$var} is for use in included pages.

Thanks for the help, Crisses.  It turned out that {*$:var} was the
correct syntax after all for an EditForm (which behaves like an included
page, I believe) -- I just had a bug in my recipe!  Sorry about that.

DataQuery is working really well now for single tables.  As soon as I
get it to save changes to records, I'll post an alpha version for
testing with other databases.  You're gonna love it!  --Ben S.