[pmwiki-devel] UpdatePage() and warnings

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Wed Nov 8 07:17:57 CST 2006

On Nov 8, 2006, at 6:04 AM, Petko Yotov wrote:

>>> So, how can I postpone the UpdatePage()  call after the  markup
>>> rules are
>>> loaded?.
>>
>> function SwapPages($dir = NULL) {
>> // disable for testing!!
>> //            ignore_user_abort();
>>          if ($dir) { flush(); chdir($dir); }
>> 	foreach($MyListOfPages as $mypage)
>> 	{
>> 		CopyPageText($mypage, 'Main.INBOX');
>> 	}
>> 	touch("$WorkDir/.textcopied");
>> }

Oops -- in my sample function I didn't
global $WorkDir, $MyListOfPages; // ....etc.

so keep in mind that you will need to pull in any variables you need
to the function or pass them as additional parameters through the
register_shutdown_function

> Thank you for your answers,  Crisses. I read your message yesterday
> but I
> actually wish this to be done automatically, without anyone having to
> call .../pmwiki.php?action=copy.

I saw that afterwards, so I reposted with the corrections.  I wasn't
trying to 100% solve the issue, but to give you a few ideas on how to
go about it.

> I'll see if it can be done with register_shutdown_function(),
> otherwise, I
> have safe_mode so  ignore_user_abort() will not work. Anyway, there
> will be
> usually one only page to copy per day which is fast, and there is
> no need to
> ignore_user_abort(), unless there are no visits for months.

If it's a public URL, it's pretty unlikely.
> Thanks for your kind comments, I'll test it tonight and will tell
> you if it
> worked.

Thanks!!

Crisses