[pmwiki-devel] Detecting Skins.

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Nov 10 13:51:14 CST 2006

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 02:16:17PM -0500, Stirling Westrup wrote:
> I was just wondering what method (if any) the PmWiki site uses to classify
> skin recipes from other recipes, as the site obviously displays them
> differently. I'm thinking of doing something similar on my own site for some
> skins I'm making, and I'm not sure of the best method. My initial impulse was
> to try something like this to just list them:
>
>   !! Non-Skin Recipes
>   (:pagelist group=PmStuff list=normal recipeinfo link=-Category.Skins:)
>
>   !! Skin Recipes
>   (:pagelist group=PmStuff list=normal link=Category.Skins:)
>
> But that first one doesn't work. I guess you can't negate a link= option, or
> is it something else I'm doing wrong?

At present there's not a "negate a link= option", although I'm
hoping to add one.

One thing that we do on pmwiki.org is to have every skin page
place the following markup near the top:

    (:include Cookbook.SkinHeader:)

So, one could do a pagelist based on that:

    !! Non-Skin Recipes
    (:pagelist group=PmStuff list=normal -"Cookbook.SkinHeader":)

    !! Skin Recipes
    (:pagelist group=PmStuff list=normal link=Cookbook.SkinHeader:)