[pmwiki-devel] One click installation process...

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 03:33:35 CST 2006

[...]

Sorry to horn in there, but IMHO, I fear you're starting to forget the
essential nature of PmWiki, ie: a wiki system. Therefore, most of the
one-click configuration stuff should be done via dedicated wiki page,
as its already done with all the Site.* pages.

Recipes installation should provide consistent defaults values for
parameters, and eventually use the Abort('?...') facility to report
inconsistencies.

For heavier configuration needs, I would find more useful to have
separate installation helper scripts which could compute what an
administrator need to copy-paste into its local configuration files
(as the ?action=crypt would do) in order to make a recipe work.
Therefore it can be kept them in a development environment: Having
them deployed on a production/public installation is not always/mostly
never desired.

Just my 0.01526EUR
Dom