[pmwiki-devel] Quick preg_replace question...

Neil Herber (nospam) nospam at eton.ca
Fri Apr 27 09:48:51 CDT 2007

The Editor wrote:
>> Anyway, it may be good before launching another advanced table recipe
>> to discuss the markup, to see if it makes sense to others as well.
>
> To be honest I was developing this for myself, but am discovering I
> like it a LOT.  And thought it might be nice to share with the
> community as another flavor. Of course I would love feedback, and
> maybe some clarifiction, as I stole the idea for the syntax but not
> much detail from the AdvancedTableDirectivesSimplified recipe.  Anyway
> here is the syntax I have working now.
>
> [t border=2 spacing=5]
> [r top]
> [c] cell one
> [c right] cell two
> [c bottom] cell three
> [r color=blue]
> [c] cell 2-2
> [c cols=2] cell 2-2
> [t]
>
> 'center', 'left', 'right', 'top', 'middle', 'bottom', 'color',
> 'padding', 'rows', 'cols', 'image'
> are shortcuts for the more standard syntax which are also allowed.
>
> 'align', 'background', 'bgcolor', 'border', 'cellpadding',
> 'cellspacing', 'width', 'valign', 'colspan', 'rowspan'
>
> To nest a table, simply do this (up to 3 levels):
>
> [t]
> [r]
> [c]
> [c]
>   [t]
>   [r]
>   [c]
>   [c]
>   [c]
>   [r]
>   [c]
>   [c]
>   [c]
>   [t]
> [c]
> [r]
> [c]
> [c]
> [c]
> [t]
>
> It works like a charm!  Open to input...

Hi Dan

I was initially confused by this markup because I thought t, r, and c
stood for Top, Right, and Center. I far prefer the more wordy but
completely clear notation used by SimplifiedAdvancedTableDirectives.

If the tables are going to nest then some kind of enumeration would
help, as in [table 3] ... [tableend 3]

I would also like to see the table elements arranged more-or-less as
they would appear (neither recipe does this from what I can see). So:

[table]
[row] [cell one] [cell two]
[row] ... etc.

--