[pmwiki-devel] Proposal: "Directives" Registry

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 12:21:18 CDT 2007

On 8/9/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> One very nice advantage of the ProcessDirectives() approach is
> that it could replace a large number of core and recipe markup
> rules with a single rule.  Currently the core has about 20
> items in the 'directives' stage of processing -- replacing those
> separate rules with a single rule could substantially improve
> markup processing.
>
> However, we could easily do this within the MarkupDirective()
> function I've given above, by using something like ProcessDirectives()
> for directives with a $when parameter of 'directives', but
> using the normal Markup() table for everything else.  That
> could be a big win.

Thanks, Patrick. I was scratching my head for a way to limit adverse
impact. I think your response resolves that. If you like, I'll code
the draft this evening and pass it to you. Although, it looks like the
examples are about "there."

--
Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" Churchill