[pmwiki-devel] markup order for group headers

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Tue Feb 6 16:14:50 CST 2007

Patrick R. Michaud said...
> On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 06:16:33PM -0000, marc wrote:
> >
> > Seeing that the issues seem to be markup within the (:markup:)
> > directive, I tried the populate array functions outside this markup and
> > found I could then access arrays created and populated in site and group
> > headers from within a page. IOW, the initial problem is solved.
> >
> > Clearly, I'm not sure what's going on with the (:markup:) directive, so
> > I'll just be more careful when using it to assist debugging in future.
>
> Oh yes, of course!  I didn't realize that all of your tests
> were using (:markup:).
>
> The (:markup:) directive is handled very early in processing -- long
> before any (:include:) directives are processed.  (It has to be,
> if we're to see the result of (:include:) directives. :-)

Fair enough, but I hadn't realised that the contents were processed at
that time, as opposed to simply having their syntax processed. I know
now.

> As a result, any (:markup:) directive on a page is processed
> before the GroupHeader (and possibly SiteHeader).
>
> We might be able to adjust this somewhat, but it's definitely
> worth keeping in mind that at the moment (:markup:) is "special".

It's not important to me - I can use other mechanisms for debugging - so
perhaps not worth spending time on. Thanks, though.

However, I still have an issue related to this problem, which is that
skin template markup (via <!--markup:) in PageHeaderFmt is being
processed after PageText.

I've checked the order with error_log() and that's what's happening. The
PageHeaderFmt directive calls:

  Markup('auxSelect', '<directives',

while the page directive(s) that depend on this are:

  Markup('auxSelectValue', 'inline',

Is there any way to allow the "natural" order? Currently I'm having to
'force' things in skin.php, which is not ideal.

Marc