[pmwiki-devel] UpdatePage problem

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 09:26:52 CST 2007

On 1/5/07, The Editor <editor at fast.st> wrote:
> I'm trying to update the zapnews module to work with ZAP 2007 and I'm
> getting a strange problem.  The UpdatePage command is giving me the
> php white screen of death.  When I comment out these two lines, the
> page loads fine.
>
> I had this working fine before, and only had to update a few unrelated
> lines (plus add a bit of new functionality--prescheduling
> newsletters!), but didn't change these lines.  But for the life of me
> I can't figure out what is wrong.
>
> //    UpdatePage("$g.$pp", $oldqueue, $newqueue);
> //    UpdatePage("$g.LOG-$id", $oldlog, $newlog);

UpdatePage function has evolved in latest beta...

## UpdatePage goes through all of the steps needed to update a page,
## preserving page history, computing link targets, page titles,
## and other page attributes.  It does this by calling each entry
## in $EditFunctions.  $pagename is the name of the page to be updated,
## $page is the old version of the page (used for page history),
## $new is the new version of the page to be saved, and $fnlist is
## an optional list of functions to use instead of $EditFunctions.
function UpdatePage(&$pagename, &$page, &$new, $fnlist = NULL) {

...and you're passing a string where a variable refererence is now
expected. You should change your code accordingly, as for example:

$pagename = "$g.$pp";
UpdatePage($pagename, $oldqueue, $newqueue);
$pagename = "$g.LOG-$id";
UpdatePage($pagename, $oldlog, $newlog);

Regards,
Dom