[pmwiki-devel] new pages editable only by author?

Ben Stallings Ben at InterdependentWeb.com
Wed Jan 24 14:57:09 CST 2007

Has anyone come up with a way to cause all newly created pages to be
editable only by their creators, by default?  That is, assuming AuthUser
is in use, $page['passwdedit'] would be set to
"id:".$_SESSION['authid'][0] prior to running the WritePage function.
(I realize this may be somewhat contrary to the whole idea of a wiki,
but most of the sites I've built using PmWiki are editable only by their
authors.  PmWiki makes a very fine CMS.)

The most practical place to do this would be in the PostPage function,
and admins would probably want to enable it on a per-group basis, so
there would need to be some sort of configuration array...

If this hasn't been done already, I may incorporate it into DataQuery as
an option, since DataQuery already has to provide a replacement for the
PostPage function to allow pages to be deleted from places other than
$WikiDir, so it would be easy to slip another feature in there.
However, if people would like to use this feature without using
DataQuery, I could make it a separate recipe.  Thoughts?  --Ben S.