[pmwiki-devel] Calling a non existent function from a skin tempate

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jan 29 13:37:09 CST 2007

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 07:09:37AM +0100, Dfaure wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I put a line like:
>
> <!--function:MyFunction ...-->
>
> into a skin template, without having the function effectively defined,
> I get the function call itself output as a string during the page
> rendering, stripped of the html comment marks.
> If this approach seems good during skin development, I don't think it
> should be kept on production site.

What should be done instead?  Simply ignore the directive?
That seems wrong somehow, certainly wrong as a default.

Perhaps we should define an $EnableProductionSite configuration
variable that tells various functions not to report errors and
to try to make things look as clean as possible whenever it
is set.