[pmwiki-devel] windows web server...

Neil Herber (nospam) nospam at eton.ca
Wed May 2 08:06:34 CDT 2007

The Editor wrote:
> I'm fixing to install a good all in one web server on my new laptop so
> I can take PmWiki on the road for my next trip.  I've been thinking of
> using XAMP.  Anyone have any recommendations?

I have put XAMPP, PmWiki, Simple Machines Forum, and WordPress all onto
one memory stick. This allows me to run them all on my laptop plus
allows me to amaze people by plugging the memory stick into their
machines and showing them all of the software running in their own
environment. When we are done, I just unplug the stick, and their
machine is back to normal.

This does not require a U3 stick, nor does it require installation or
rebooting on the host machines. The only caveat is to make sure the
memory stick has fast access. Some of them are too slow to be usable.
Price and brand name are not good guides to speed and very few stick
actually list their read/write speeds.

--
Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/