[pmwiki-devel] windows web server...

Neil Herber (nospam) nospam at eton.ca
Thu May 3 06:40:07 CDT 2007

On 2007-05-03 Hans is rumoured to have said:
> I just tried both XAMP and Abyss. I noticed that both want the html documents as a subfolder of their installation. In any case I could not get either to work with my documents in a different folder. So I gave up and downloaded and installed the latest WAMP5 package for windows. This installed smoothly with the installer, has php5, apache and sqlite. It asked which folder I wanted as root for the html documents, and runs fine now with the various wiki websites on this machine. http://www.wampserver.com/en/download.php I did not install it on a memory stick though. Are there any reasons not to use it?

Using the installer *may* lock you to a particular machine if it sets
registry entries that the install later uses. That is why I suggested
using the Zip version.

You should be able to move the htdocs/ folder by simply changing the
Apache "conf" file. But leaving it inside the installation tree allows
relative addressing. Depending on where you move it, you may need to
hard-code the path to htdocs/ which makes for a much less portable stick
install.

--
Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/