[pmwiki-devel] Is 'RightBar' the right name?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue May 22 13:40:46 CDT 2007

Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 10:43:48 AM, Stirling wrote:

> I'm working on a skin for a project and its going to have both a sidebar and
> an (optional) rightbar. I'm not sure that 'rightbar' is what I should be
> referring to it as though. One of the configuration options is going to be to
> switch the contents of the left and right sidebars, so the 'sidebar' will be
> on the right, and the 'rightbar' will end up on the left, thus demonstrating
> the problem with the name.

For Gemini, FixFlow and Triad you can use a RightBar page.
Also you can swap right and left (SideBar) side bars.
(:noleft:) suppresses the SideBar (PmWiki default markup),
(:noright:) suppresses the right side bar, i.e. RightBar.
When the swapping it is perhaps a bit confusing, but I decided it
can't be helped and stuck to the RightBar terminology.

Anyway if the SideBar is on the right (:noleft:) will still be the
correct markup to suppress it, unless your left or right sidebar
suppression markup is really working on whichever sidebar is left or
right. But I thought it better that it would work on a specific layout
page (SideBar or RightBar), rather than depending on location.

Hans