[pmwiki-devel] Email pattern...

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Thu May 31 08:40:07 CDT 2007

Isn't there a standard regex somewhere that is supposed to capture the
ISO and other approved email address formats? I recall doing something
like this for the TellAFriend, but I can't remember off the top of my
head if I released it.

Ben

On 5/31/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 06:31:02AM -0400, The Editor wrote:
> > I put together this pattern to match for emails, but it doesn't seem
> > to catch something like email at example, ie without a dot in the second
> > half.

> > Can someone help me spot what I'm missing? Or suggest a better pattern?
>
> If you're willing to accept names without dots in the second half,
> then don't require it:

> This basically says to match any string containing an @ sign somewhere
> in the middle of the string and no newlines.
>
> Pm

Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" Churchill