[pmwiki-devel] File Locking?

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Tue Oct 30 01:07:48 CDT 2007

What's the correct way to use PmWiki's Lock() function? I couldn't find any
documentation on it.

I have an application where someone might post a form that creates a blog
entry. The blog group contains blog entries with sequential numerical names.
Once someone hits 'post', the process I have is:

1) determine the current highest existing page name in the group.
2) increment the highest page name to create a new name.
3) create a new page with that name, and write the information to it.

Now, if two people are posting entries simultaneously, they may choose to use
the same new page name, and overwrite each other's additions. I would like to
avoid that. Is there some way to use Lock to prevent them stepping on each
other's toes?