[pmwiki-devel] more on google maps, wiki page updates

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 10:55:47 CDT 2007

Rather than throw a vague note on the top of those recipe pages; how
about you create a recipe that explains how to use the new Google
interface with PmWiki, then link to it? Presently, you offer a vague
explanation on how to use the new interface, but no details.

On 9/7/07, Michael Smick <michaelbuddy at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sandy's advice, I've modified a couple cookbook
> pages that reflect the google map functionality.
>
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/GoogleMaps
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EnableHTML
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/GoogleMapAPI
>
> And here is the official August 21st Annc from Google.
> http://www.google.com/intl/en/press/annc/embed_maps.html
>
> thanks!
>
> -mike smick
> >
> > Hi pmwiki-devel members,
> >
> > FYI
> > Recently the google maps API is no longer needed to
> > embed custom google maps into an HTML page.
> >

> http://google-latlong.blogspot.com/2007/08/youtube-style-embeddable-maps_21.html
> >
> > I'm not much of a programmer, but just thought my
> > email might reach the person who developed the
> > earlier
> > google maps recipe add-on.
> >
> > I'm currently embedding a map using HTML in one of
> > my
> > pmwiki sites. It's working good, very easy.  In case
> > anyone wants to take on a revised cookbook script,
> > Just wanted to point that out.
> >
> > that's it.  thanks!
> >
> > -smick

Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" Churchill