[pmwiki-devel] New Recipe Advice Required

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Tue Apr 15 03:28:47 CDT 2008

I have created a weather forecast recipe. This uses a Python script to
query Yahoo's server and get an xml page containing weather information.
The script then creates a wiki page, which just contains PTV's of the
data, so you have complete control over what our forecast page looks like.

Before I create a new page on PmWiki I have a few questions:

What's the best category to place the recipe in?

Looking at http://developer.yahoo.com/weather/ I think it should be OK
to use this recipe for personal use, but I wouldn't want Pm to get into
trouble with Yahoo, so I won't create the page until Pm gives me the go
ahead.

The developer link above gives feeds which only have forecasts for
48hrs. However, a bit of digging reveals an undocumented feed with 5
days data. If I upload the recipe, I'll only include information for the
48hr feed.

You can see it in action at http://www.ian-barton.com

Ian.