[pmwiki-devel] Bug or feature: (:pagelist..:) with include can cause redirections

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Aug 20 07:58:12 CDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 11:16:41AM +0200, Christian Ridderström wrote:
> I upgraded a wiki and suddendly encountered a new bug or feature, here's
> the background.
> [...]
> The redirection happens because my pagelist format uses include. So my
> questions are as follows:
>
> * Should the default for (:include:) be that (:redirect:) is
>   interpreted?
> * Is there a way to disable (:include:) from parsing (:redirect:)?
>   (This would be useful with e.g. pagelists...)

It has always been the case that (:redirect:) inside of (:include:)
works.  What has changed in your case is that (:redirect:) is now
being honored inside of pagelist output, where it didn't used to be.

I suppose we could add an option to (:pagelist:) that would
enable/disable redirects.  Another possibility might be to add a
special  (:redirect disable:)  markup that could be put into a page
or template to explicitly disable any redirects that occur (via
include or otherwise) in that markup text.