[pmwiki-devel] PITS/01030

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Wed Jun 25 19:39:59 CDT 2008

Petco,

The way I read this is that you'd need to have authform active, and
allow people login access, or access to the login form -- which your
test site doesn't appear to do. From there, we can apparently call the
login routine and append bogus php command:
   &login_vars..., is_admin()

which will get executed. This page has a info on a similar issue for WP
http://www.matasano.com/log/1019/funny/. Not exactly the same, but
should be enough to get started.

In terms of XSS, what could be done is rather than simply executing php
as above you could force an execution of any remotely hosted cgi script
on the pmwiki server. Refer:
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=267&t=76578&start=150

If you're disputing the 'serious' rating, then I'd probably agree with you.

For a few more similar, but not the same, exploits:

  ~ ~ Dave