[pmwiki-devel] Persistent Authorization

Daniel Roesler diafygi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 18:08:42 CDT 2009

Howdy all,

I'm starting to look into writing a patch/recipe for implementing a
cookie-based option for authorizations. Basically, you can stay logged
in during multiple visits. This is fairly common on other sites (with
the "Remember Me?" checkbox and whatnot), so I thought I'd check here
first to see if anything already exists in PmWiki. I've read through
the SessionAuth() function in /pmwiki.php, but I don't see any spot
for checking to see if authorizations are in cookies. So what it looks
like now, is adding a step in SessionAuth() that looks for cookies if
a config.php variable (say $CookieAuth) is set to 1. Obviously, other
variables could be implemented (default cookie lifespan, etc.), but
that's further down the road. Anyone have a better idea for patching
PmWiki to add persistent authorizations?

Avast!
Daniel Roesler
diafygi at gmail.com