[pmwiki-devel] Admin interface design ideas

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 4 12:36:29 CST 2009

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 12:19:48PM -0500, Henrik Bechmann wrote:
> [...]
> Config values should be written to an executable php file (so that they
> can be changed at the file level as well).

Recipes can do their own thing, but as far as the core is concerned,
we will _never_ have executable php files in writable directories
(much less writable, executable php files in writable directories).

Better would be to hold configuration values in an array that
can be easily serialized/unserialized.

Still better, since PmWiki already knows how to save nearly arbitrary
hashes as pages, is to just use the existing PageStore mechanisms.