[pmwiki-devel] how to access MatchCount from pagelist

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Thu Feb 12 14:41:30 CST 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 8:45 PM, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:

> I wonder how to access $MatchCount from  pagelist in php.
> I like to come up with  a better way to construct ranges for the
> pagelist count= parameter (count=from..to) in order to develop a n
> efficient breakpagelist (pagelist broken into chunks and custom links
> to navigate the subpages).
>
> Can it be done in one use of pagelist? Do I need to have a  pagelist
> first to generate a pagelist count, which then can be used to
> generate the from..to range ?

I looked at this once before and came to the conclusion that either (a) you
have to call pagelist twice or (b) you have to copy FPLTemplate() and make
some alterations.  (This could be done as a recipe since $FPLFormatOpt holds
this function name.)

I'd be happy to be proved wrong if somebody else can come up with a way to
do it with the existing functions there in pagelist.php...

-Peter