[pmwiki-devel] PTVs using MarkupExpr, in a Pagelist

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Sun Jan 18 22:42:20 CST 2009

<back on-list>
Thanks for the response Peter. Changing the parse order seems to work in
some cases. Seems to be okay for {$variables} but not {$$variables}.

Works with {$variables}:
   var:{earlymx(substr {$FullName} 2 5)}
   FullName is {$FullName}\\
   var is {$:var}\\

   Output:
   var:ite.B
   FullName is Site.Blogger-CoreTemplate
   var is ite.B

Doesn't work with {$$variables}:
   var:{earlymx(substr {$$blogid} 2 5)}
   blogid is {$$blogid}\\
   var is {$:var}\\

   Output:
   var:$blog
   blogid is blog1
   var is $blog

What I'm actually tying to do is get the count of a pagelist, one with
embedded variables, so I can use it do determine the total number of
pages expected. The pagelist contains PTVs, markup expressions, and
{$variables}. Here's an example (the pagelist itself does work):

(:pagelist wrap=none fmt=#multi-entry-view order=-$:entrydate
{(bloggerBlogGroups)} {(bloggerIfVar if blogid {$$blogid})}
$:entrytype={$Blogger_PageType_BLOG} {(bloggerIfVar if entrystatus
{$$status})} count={$Blogger_EntryStart}..{$Blogger_EntryEnd} :)

What I actually need is something that will allow processing of PTVs,
markup expressions, and {$variables}. Looking at the PmWiki source to
determine order processing didn't help me much.

  ~ ~ David