[pmwiki-devel] PostPage in recipe

Frank Schweickert f.schweickert at uva.nl
Sun Mar 29 16:43:08 CDT 2009

Thank you, Peter and Hans, for your help!
> Peter Bowers wrote: I didn't see exactly what you meant about the
> markup process being broken,
Sorry, in the meantime I put "exit;" after my convert page action with
UploadPage() , for I actually don't need to see the page. My action
would correct wiki markup on some hundred pages at once on behalf of an
administrator.
(Without exit, I would run into the rest of normal view action, but even
Sidebar, GroupFooter or PageActions had been processed only halfway
leaving raw wiki markup in the template)

> Hans wrote: Perhaps you need to call HandleBrowse or HandleDispatch
> to see the page after the update.
> Peter Bowers wrote: but I did see the error about needing an array on
> line 1650 and 1651.  That comes from $SaveAttributes not being
> initialized.

Also, this sounds complicated for what I thought was a simple task of
rewriting raw markup of existing pages via script. UpdatePage calls all
these $EditFunctions, why not proper initialization? I mean from the
description of UpdatePage ("mimic the behavior of editing wiki pages via
the browser)" I would expect that it could create the correct context by
itself...  As to my understanding right now, UpdatePage is NOT a
function that is safe to be used directly in config.php includes.  And
since I need to change the whole page I wouldn't know how to use
Markup() to call it later in the view process.
Markup('/(.*)/se','fulltext,...) didn't do the trick, for instance.

>>   $old = RetrieveAuthPage('Test.Page1', 'read');   $new = $old;
>> $new['text'] = "x".$old['text'];   $pn='Test.Page1';
>> UpdatePage($pn,$old,$new);
> Hans wrote: I does look okay to me.

But the history is still not being updated as you can see from my example
http://www.natsim.net/ejswiki/Test/Page1
I was hoping to leave some trace as user "frankobot" or so. That would
make it easier to recover in some ambiguous cases of my conversion
(luxury indeed - I actually strive for grasping the correct usage of
internal PMwiki functions)

Frank

Dr. Frank F. Schweickert
AMSTEL Institute, Faculty of Science, University of Amsterdam
Kruislaan 404, Amsterdam, 1098 SM, Netherlands
Room 1.09
Phone: +31 20 525-5969, Fax: +31 20 525-5866
http://www.science.uva.nl/amstel
http://www.natsim.net