[pmwiki-devel] PostPage in recipe

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Mar 31 02:31:30 CDT 2009

you wrote there:

> Whereas custom mark-up can only respond to existing patterns to be
> meaningfully replaced in the current wiki page - often in the form
> of tags like (:mypmwikitag ... :) - page actions are merely
> triggered by the URL and can do whatever PHP can.

I just like to mention that custom markup is not restricted to
meaningful replacements in the page, but can equally be used to
initiate some global behaviour. A custom markup can call a custom
function, just as a custom action does. And it does not need to return
anything as replacement, i.e. it can be replaced with nothing, so
appears hidden.

Hans