[pmwiki-devel] keep notify script from reporting multiple edits by same author

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon Oct 5 16:16:25 CDT 2009

On Monday 05 October 2009 18:53:02 Frank Schweickert wrote:
> With every update of pmwiki I have to keep track of my modifications of
> script/notify.php

Hello. Thanks for your contribution. You can copy your modified file
notify.php to the pmwiki/cookbook/ directory and place in config.php such
lines:

  include_once("cookbook/notify.php");
  $EnableNotify = 0; # remove any $EnableNotify = 1; in config.php

This will tell PmWiki to use your own improved script and you will not be
required to re-fix the core script every time you upgrade.

>I didn't understand Pm's hint though,
> "It's also superceded by the new PmWiki.Notify capbility."

In the past there was another feature called MailPosts which sent messages on
changes. Now we have Notify. Because there were not enough votes, and the
Notify feature had superseded MailPosts, Patrick clodes the PITS entry about
MailPosts.

> Is there anything else that I can do to promote the idea to have
> multiple entries weeded out?

Probably it is best to open a new PITS entry.

Thanks,
Petko