[pmwiki-devel] page text variables across groups with Attach:

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Dec 16 02:04:36 CST 2010

On Wednesday 15 December 2010 23:45:17, John Rankin wrote :
> And I do not understand the difference between
> Attach:Groupname./file.ext and Attach:Groupname/file.ext, since the
> latter seems to work.

Hello. PmWiki tries to figure out the "page name" before the slash.

  Attach:A./file.ext
  Attach:A/file.ext

The first should always link to a file in a group [[A/]]. The second markup
will try to link to a file in the current group if there is such a page named
[[A]] in the current group, otherwise to a group [[A/]]. So it may work
sometimes.

But the second doesn't always work if you have both another group A and a page
A in the current group -- it doesn't notice the file in the current group. The
code probably needs a review and a fix when we agree on how it should behave.

That's why at the time we just documented what we expect to always work, and
with a dot, we always mean the group A, and not a page A in the current group.

Petko