[pmwiki-devel] OT: svn on cookbook/

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Mon Jun 14 02:49:13 CDT 2010

I set up my development environment with svn as my versioning tool,
using Tortoise svn as my client on windows.  Obviously all the pmwiki
scripts I'm working on are in the cookbook directory.  Thus pmwiki,
pmwiki/scripts, etc all use the repository at pmwiki.org while
pmwiki/cookbook uses the repository on my local server here.  This
works great on updates to my cookbook directory.

However, whenever I want to do an update of pmwiki itself I get the
error that cookbook directory is part of another repository -- this
fails the whole update process.  My solution is to temporarily move
the cookbook directory into \tmp\cookbook, do the update of pmwiki,
and then move the cookbook directory back into place.  But this seems
unnecessarily headachey...

Does anybody have a better solution?  I tried using the svn:ignore
property on cookbook but unsuccessfully (could have been an error in
the way I used it...?)

-Peter