[pmwiki-devel] Cookbook proposal: BlogIt-RSS

Markus Konrad mako at mako-home.de
Tue Jun 22 06:07:31 CDT 2010

Hi there!
I love BlogIt, but I always found the solution for making RSS-feeds for
it that is described at
http://www.bekolay.org/wiki/Tutorials/PmWikiBlogAdministration somewhat
unsatisfying. First of all, the configuration is not very simple,
especially for beginners. Next, the RSS feed is not in sync with the
blog posts on your website if you, for example, delete a post.
So I've created a simpler solution using pagelists and put it into a
cookbook, so it's easy to set up. Please have a look at it at
http://www.hello-it.eu/uploads/blogit-rss.zip
Here is a configuration sample:

//RSS for BlogIt (always add these lines AFTER you have included the BlogIt
//script!)
// Define a page under which the RSS feed will be available. This page
does not
// have to exist, it is just for the RSS feed URL, which will be like:
// http://yoursite.com/index.php/Newsfeeds/Blog
$bi_RSSPage = 'Newsfeeds.Blog';
// Enter the group in which your blog entries are always posted.
$bi_RSSGroup = $bi_DefaultGroup;

include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/blogit-rss.php");

What do you think of it (this goes especially out to the author of
BlogIt, DaveG ;)? Shall I release it as a Cookbook or should it be
integrated into BlogIt?

Bye,
Markus