[pmwiki-devel] asks password everytime i click edit

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Tue Apr 12 17:03:41 CDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 11:52 PM, Abhishek Gupta <abhig at princeton.edu> wrote:
> Thanks for the link. I checked everything listed and I have exactly same thing on my machine. Infact there are two wiki pages on the same server but different versions. The one running fine is the older version.
> The newer version is causing the problem.
> Any other idea?

What versions of pmwiki are you running on the 2 different wikis?  Any
possibility the newer one is newer but not completely up-to-date?  If
so, try updating to the most recent version.

Do you have 2 different versions of PHP or are they the same?

Is apache & php & etc. being run by the same user for the 2 wikis or
by 2 separate users?  If 2 then it could cause permission issues for
the directory where session files are stored...

Have you looked at PHP logs to see if any errors are being reported
relative to sessions?

Do you have a link we could look at or is it an internal web-site?
(If we can look at it, please enable diagnostics via $EnableDiag=1 in
your config.php...)

-Peter