[pmwiki-devel] NewGroupBox recipe and GroupAttributes

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Feb 8 14:52:08 CST 2011

I have been examining the NewGroupBox recipe at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/NewGroupBox

Ideally, what I'd like to do is also prompt the user for
attributes and edit passwords for the group, and post
these to the GroupAttributes page.

The pmwiki.php function HandlePostAttr by default
requires 'attr' authorisation. I think I can modify
newgroupbox.php to make a call to

    HandlePostAttr($pagename, 'read');

so that the new group's passwords can be set with only
'read' rights, thereby creating a new group home page with
an edit password already set.

I'm nervous of bypassing pmwiki security in this way
and am wondering if anyone can advise on the "right"
way to do this.

TIA

JR
--