[pmwiki-devel] Can the cookbook upload limit be increased slightly?

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Feb 23 15:17:47 CST 2011

The http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PublishPDF library has been just
under 150000 bytes for about a year and each release I look for things
to take out, to compensate for additions. The latest version is 149999
bytes and I am running out of things to remove.

Could the limit be increased to 155000 bytes?

Alternatively, the 2 biggest files are the GPL and the LGPL text files.
Is it OK to omit the GPL text file, since people have already received a
copy when they downloaded pmwiki?

On http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html it states:

    You should also include a copy of the license itself somewhere in
    the distribution of your program. All programs, whether they are
    released under the GPL or LGPL, should include the text version of
    the GPL. In GNU programs the license is usually in a file called
    COPYING.

    If you are releasing your program under the LGPL, you should also
    include the text version of the LGPL, usually in a file called
    COPYING.LESSER. Please note that, since the LGPL is a set of
    additional permissions on top of the GPL, it's important to include
    both licenses so users have all the materials they need to
    understand their rights.

This says "should" rather than "must", so I think it would be OK to
remove the GPL file, but I'd like another opinion.

TIA

--
John Rankin
Affinity Limited