[pmwiki-devel] Anchors in includes

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun Apr 22 16:26:12 CDT 2012

On Sunday 08 April 2012 13:11:19 Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> The problem appears to be the definition of $npat on line 1266 of
> pwmiki.php:
>
>     $npat = '[[:alpha:]][-\\w*]*';
>
> Note that simply adding a dot to the [-\\w]* part of the expression
> won't work, as a pair of dots are used to indicate ranges.
> It probably needs to be something that can recognize a single dot
> in the identifier pattern (i.e., a dot followed by something
> other than another dot).

Actually, the "#start..#end" pattern is not documented, "#start#end" is. The
easiest way to allow "#a1.2" sections while keeping the "#start..#end" working
is to allow dots, and just strip the possible two trailing dots in the first
section name.

If I don't see some problem with this solution, I'll add it to the next
release later this month.

> Also, I suspect the '*' immediately the \\w in the original is a typo.
> And there's an extraneous definition of $npat on line 1311 in the
> IncludeText() function, probably left over from a previous factoring
> of text includes.

Both fixed.

Thanks,
Petko