[pmwiki-devel] PmWiki Debian package

Chris Knadle Chris.Knadle at coredump.us
Wed Apr 30 16:43:08 CDT 2014

On Wednesday, April 30, 2014 22:11:23 Petko Yotov wrote:
> I agree with you, a person who can use the script on a Debian system
> certainly knows what to do.

Hopefully.  ;-)  [As long as there's a hint to the script in the README.Debian
file which gives the necessary information as to how to get the package
working and one knows to read it, then I think it should work out.  Early on
users may not know to look for the documentation in /usr/share/doc/<package>
and there doesn't seem to be a good way of fixing that.]

> Good job!

Thanks.  :-)
Likewise thank you very much for maintaining PmWiki.

I have a minor question concerning the current pmwiki tarball.

The tarball currently contains an empty directory "pub/css" which the Debian
package checker (Lintian) complains about, specifically because it's empty.
I'm assuming pub/css is a "placeholder" directory to give a PmWiki user a hint
as to where to place their own CSS files if desired.  Is that correct?

Lintian also complains that the pmwiki tarball is not GPG/PGP signed.  This
isn't a requirement, but if the tarball were GPG/PGP signed there'd be a way
of verifying that the tarball had not been modified (and this can be set up in
the Debian package to be done automatically), so I'm mentioning it as
"something for future consideration".

Thanks much.

  -- Chris

--