[pmwiki-devel] Default Skin: Switch to CSS Table?

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 2 18:41:50 CDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 3:09 PM, Simon <nzskiwi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Given the difficulties we had trying to update the default skin to use all
> relative CSS (see http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ReleaseNotes#rel2.2.60)
> this could be easier said than done.
> See also
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.devel/2148/focus=2150
> and http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.devel/2157/focus=2161
>
> Needless to say I'd like to see the CSS updated, and while we are at it make
> the page header and page footer wiki pages the same as the SideBar

It's a good idea that would almost certainly affect cross-browser
compatibility and cause "surprises".  With BrowserCam unavailable, I'm
not sure what the best way to evaluate cross-browser compatibility
would be.

Maybe forking the skin and making the old skin available with e.g.
  $Skin='compat';
would provide a way to cautiously tweak the skin so it works better on mobile.

See also
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/60977

For a _very crude_ PmWiki-RWD example, resize your browser on this
page and see how the searchbox, side-menu, and wikitext area respond:

http://haganfox.net/PmWiki/PmWiki?setskin=pmwiki-rwd

Hagan

> Simon
>
> On 2 June 2014 19:25, Petko Yotov <5ko at 5ko.fr> wrote: