[pmwiki-devel] PHP Deprecated: preg_replace() /e warning in pmwiki.php on line 1698

W Randolph Franklin pmwiki at wrfranklin.org
Wed Sep 30 16:45:57 CDT 2015

My server is getting thousands of these warnings:

PHP Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated,
use preg_replace_callback instead in
 .../pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 1698

I am running pmwiki-2.2.79.  SFAIK, none of my cookbook recipes
use '/e', and all are the latest version.

Googling for that message finds other incidents scattered around
the web, but none of them are mentioned in pmwiki-devel.

Apart from the security implications, these messages occupy most
of the server's logs, i.e., gigabytes.  At some point pmwiki
might get disabled until it's fixed.  Over the last 15 years, my
students and I have enjoyed creating 1100 pages in pmwiki and
would rather not have to move.

Help?  Thanks.

/W. Randolph Franklin
http://wrfranklin.org/