[pmwiki-devel] gmane

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun Jun 16 01:31:44 PDT 2019

Unfortunately Gmane was closed in 2016 and only partially restored since
then:

   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gmane

I've searched archive.org for the URL you're looking for but it was
never archived.

We have the mailing list archives on
https://www.pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/ but some well
intentioned users added links to Gmane instead. Gmane was
full-text-searchable while ours is only chronological/threaded.
Unfortunately Gmane is now gone.

Your URL is referenced from BmWiki/BasicVariables. If we know who and
most importantly when the link was added, we can search our own archive
around that date. Unfortunately, the page history on pmwiki.org was set
to expire after 1 year and we cannot know who and when added the link.
:-(

I've scanned our archives for the $AuthPw string, here are those which
contain it:

   https://www.pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2006-October.txt.gz
   https://www.pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2007-August.txt.gz
   https://www.pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2008-January.txt.gz
   https://www.pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2008-May.txt.gz
   https://www.pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2011-April.txt.gz

You should be able to download them, unzip them and open them in your
text editor to search for the term. If you find the specific message
that is relevant to the documentation, please find the individual
message page at https://www.pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/ and
redirect the BasicVariables link to there (rather than Gmane or the
gzipped monthly archive).

Good luck,
Petko