[pmwiki-devel] What is <:vspace>?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Jan 5 00:34:03 PST 2022

It is not only "<:vspace">", it also encodes &, <, > into their HTML
entities. MarlupToHTML does this first thing when text is passed to it
(as does HandleBrowse).

You can search for "vspace" in the mailing list archive here:

   https://www.pmwiki.org/search-ml.php?split=v

Your function SimpleRecipeTemplate_Parse can do a search and replace for
these strings:

   https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.str-replace.php

Note that you've positioning the markup in "fulltext", that's after some
markup would have been processed, notably escaped text, page variables,
$[i18n] strings, and markup expressions. If you want the literal text
between your 2 directives, you should position it earlier, say, after
'[='. To see the order of the rules, try

   $EnableDiag=1;

and visit your pmwiki.php?action=ruleset

Petko