[pmwiki-devel] $EnableUploadMimematch and "Call to undefined function mime_content_type()"

Simon nzskiwi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 00:59:35 PST 2023

in config.php I have
$UploadExts['gpx'] = 'application/gpx+xml';
and am using $EnableUploadMimeMatch
<https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UploadVariables#EnableUploadMimeMatch>

Now when I try to upload (a properly formed) .gpx
<https://www.topografix.com/gpx.asp> file
DDMU gives the message 'extension "doesn't match the file type"' (which
means the check is now being called and is returning a message)

is there any way to determine, or to have included in the error message,
what the expected mime type is?
While many
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/conf/mime.types>
references <https://www.freeformatter.com/mime-types-list.html> on the
internet state the above (application/gpx+xml) is the mime type for .gpx
files
MIME File Type Checker - HTMLStrip
<https://www.htmlstrip.com/mime-file-type-checker> suggests it it
"text/xml", but I think that is because it doesn't know about.gpx files

Others are suggested here <https://wordpress.org/support/topic/gpx-tip/>.
Is it possible to add multiple values to $UploadExts?
OTOH the PmWiki documentation
<https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UploadVariables#EnableUploadMimeMatch>
suggests that

 $EnableUploadMimeMatch = array(
  'csv'=>'!^(text/plain|application/csv)$!',
  'docx'=>'!^(application/encrypted)$!',
);

is the way to manage this issue.

thanks

Simon

PS
PHP: mime_content_type - Manual <https://www.php.net/mime-content-type> seems
to suggest the
svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/conf/mime.types is the
source of PHP mime types.