[Pmwiki-users] WikiTrail loops

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Thu Nov 7 10:08:47 CST 2002

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 09:53:07AM -0600, Isabelle Michaud wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:
>
> > <PrevPage | ^UpPage | OutlinePage | NextPage>  doesn't work for you?
> > Actually, were I to do it, it'd probably be like this:
> >
> > <PrevPage | ^UpPage | NextPage>  			OutlinePage
>
> The ideal would be something like a cross, 2-dimentional navigation:
>
>               UpPage
> PrevPage | CurrentPage | NextPage
>              DownPage
>
> Complex but nice!

Yes, but how do you get back to the outline page?  I think it should
show up somewhere on each of its constituent pages.  And this
rendering doesn't inline too well (not that mine above did
either).

The visual cues are good but they'd be better with arrows. An
ASCII version:

		 ^
               UpPage
< PrevPage | CurrentPage | NextPage >			OutlinePage
              DownPage

Looks like this should be one of those custom add-ons complete with
appropriate icons and such. I like the minimal approach used now; if
someone want's something better, they are free to write it :-)

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
duff at cbi.tamucc.edu