[Pmwiki-users] Restore feature

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Mon Nov 18 08:38:59 CST 2002

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 12:58:08AM -0500, Dawn Green wrote:
> Personally, I think "restore" is perfect.  To me, it says exactly what you
> intend.

I don't think it's perfect, but it works for me just as well.

> Having seen the link after Patrick changed the position of the restore link,
> I'm not sure how it appeared before.  However, I have to say that I would like
> to see the link *inside* the box of the item it will revert to.

So ... the first box will not have a link at all, and each subsequent
box would have a "restore" link?

> Now, what happens if someone restores to a place that loses valuable
> info by accident? Is the data that changed in the restoration process
> to the original document gone for good?

Nothing is lost. Each "restore" is an edit. You can always revert
the page back to how it was just before the restore by doing
another restore.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff