[Pmwiki-users] Restore feature

Davis, James C. jdavis at cob.tamucc.edu
Tue Nov 19 18:21:48 CST 2002

> Okay, I'm liking "revert", kinda.
>
> I'd like to call for a vote on the issue of going to a preview page
> rather than directly to the edit page (I don't have a strong feeling
> for this one).  Choose between:
>
>    1.  Clicking "revert" takes you to directly to the edit page with
>        the previous version restored.  (Current implementation)
>    2.  Clicking "revert" shows you the page as it existed in a previous
>        version, with a button at the bottom that says "Restore this page".
>    3.  Clicking "revert" shows you the page as it existed in a previous
>        version, with one button at the bottom that says "Restore this
page"
>        and another button that says "Edit from this version".
>
> Note that if we choose #2 or #3 then I think that "revert" becomes an
> incorrect label for the links on the page revisions display, since
clicking
> the link doesn't actually cause the page to "revert" but simply previews
> a previous version of the page.

Ok, then maybe the label should be something like "View" or "View This
Version" and then from there you should have two buttons: "Restore This
Version" and "Edit From This Version"

If there will be an intermediate page before the actual restore, (which
there has to be because of web crawlers and trigger happy users) then any
label that refers to restoring or reverting will be somewhat misleading.

James Davis
Network Manager
College of Business
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi