[Pmwiki-users] http references with : in the link

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at sci.tamucc.edu
Tue Apr 8 16:59:20 CDT 2003

> Thank you.
> I have been wondering if it would be possible to have a set of variables for formatting URLs similar to the 3 for formatting wiki links. This would make it easier for me to do 2 things:
> - cause links to other web sites to render differently, eg with an <a class='www'...> that changes the colour
> - change how such links render on a Printable Version to make visible the URL of [[...]] markup
> I have been testing some extra DoubleBracket statements and am tying myself in knots trying to deal with all the different cases. I think there may be 6 cases:

John and others-

If you're wanting to substantially change the link markups, then you
almost certainly want to be making changes/additions to the LinkPatterns
array and not to the DoubleBrackets or InlineReplacements arrays.  In fact,
the whole reason I created LinkPatterns was to be able to add new link
markups such as free links, attachment links, etc.

Through LinkPatterns you can specify the link pattern to be replaced, and
either some text to replace it with or the name of a PHP function to be
called to generate the replacement text.

Since there have been several questions about DoubleBrackets,
InlineReplacements, and now LinkPatterns, I'll try to write up a
summary of what they are and how they interact in an email in the
next day or so.

And, of course, if you'll just give a few examples of exactly what you
want the markup to look like and what you want it to render, I (and
perhaps others) will be quite happy to make suggestions about how it
can be accommodated within PmWiki.  :-)